A regular 30- 40 minutes physical activity can provide you with great benefits. Not only rigorous exercise but simply walking, gardening, cycling, climbing the stairs can help you a great deal to stay fit. Previously such activities were related only to lose weight but that’s a misconception, regular moderate physical activity can improve your strength, reduce the risk of certain diseases and helps you lead a ‘beautiful’ life.
Read on to know some of the important benefits.
- Controls weight. By doing as little as physical activity as taking the stairs in your workplace or doing your household chores can keep you in shape. You don’t need to set aside those long hours in gym; an hour of work out regularly can do wonders. Burning calories help you lose weight and maintain your weight, so a workout in the morning will benefit you a lot more than a tedious dieting schedule.
- Better mental health and mood. Recent researchers have found that a brisk walk or exercise in gym can release some chemicals that make us feel happier and relaxed. So, a walk in the evening can leave you less stressed and make you forget all about that long day at office. It has also been found that regular physical activity can improve thinking, learning, and judgment skills
- Strengthens bones and muscles. With advancing age, the bone density can reduce to a very low level. Doing aerobic, muscle-strengthening and bone-strengthening physical activity regularly can slow the loss of bone- density and hence protects your bones, joints and muscles.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Moderate work-out regularly has shown to reduce risk of certain diseases mainly heart diseases and stroke. Regular physical activity has shown to reduce blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels.
- Better and relaxed sleep. Not only helping you to fight stress, regular physical activity has shown to deepen a person’s sleep. It helps you sleep faster and maintains the sleep – cycle. Certain hormones and chemicals that are released in the body during work-out improve the circadian and relax the mind and body.
- Boosts energy level. If you feel fatigue by climbing four flights of stairs, well then you definitely need to boost up your energy level. Regular exercise and physical activity improves muscle strength and is shown to deliver oxygen and nutrients to tissues; therefore making the cardiovascular system work more efficiently which provides the body with more energy to do everyday chores.
- Improves the quality of life. 30 minutes of exercise daily is more of a fun activity rather than an exhausting one. Helping you combat various diseases, arthritis and even certain type of cancers, physical activity should definitely be one of your priorities. Finally, being in good shape and having a relaxed, stress- free mind definitely boosts up your self- confidence.
What are you waiting for? Get up! Run! Exercise!